Mindfulness based stress reduction – Great resource for free, guided, mindfulness recordings
FREE Apps to practice mindfulness (a form of meditation)
- Mindfulness Coach is a FREE app developed by the American VA
- Living Well is a FREE app (and website) designed for men who have been sexually assaulted and their families. It has a wellness section with mindfulness recordings.
- Mindshift app is FREE. It has a ‘mindfulness of breath’ in the “chill out tools”
Popular Subscription PAID apps to practice meditation
- Waking up app by Sam Harris is a popular SUBSCRIPTION PAID app to help people learn to meditate
- Headspace is a popular SUBSCRIPTION PAID app to help people learn to meditate
- Calm is a popular SUBSCRIPTION PAID meditation app
My caveat/disclaimer: I have reviewed these resources, BUT I did not create them and do not continuously monitor them. I only include resources I believe to be reliable, but given the nature of the internet, these links or their information may be changed without my knowledge. …so, always read critically, consult with your healthcare provider before making changes to your healthcare plan…and, if you are in crisis, you probably already know to look for help (911, hospital emergency, crisis line 1-800-784-2433) and reach out to someone.