COVID-19 Health Resources
What about SAFE SEX and COVID-19? – Great blog post by Dr, Rami Nijjar
Mental Health and COVID-19
Managing STRESS!! Anxiety and symptom flare-up during COVID-19
- Canadian Mental Health Association Counselling and support services
- Facebook post: Strategies to manage the stress of this outbreak
- How do I manage ALL the pandemic news???:
- ANXIETY CANADA’s tips on managing during the pandemic
- 7 science-based strategies to cope with coronavirus anxiety
- Curable app: managing HEALTH ANXIETY and CHRONIC PAIN
- U.S. CDC: Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- Managing OCD SYMPTOMS during a pandemic
- Parenting in LOCKDOWN
- Maintaining your mental health during social isolation
Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
- CPA Fact Sheet: Psychological impacts of the coronavirus
- CPA Fact Sheet: Working at home during COVID, with and without children
US Veterans Affairs has developed a ton of free, useful apps.
- Apps available HERE.
- You may find their Moving Forward app useful for dealing with the current stressor!
- Or perhaps you now have time…or the will…to start that Mindfulness you’ve been meaning to try… Mindfulness Coach
World Health Organization (WHO) links:
My caveat/disclaimer: These resources are not a substitute for professional advice. I have reviewed these resources, BUT I did not create them and do not continuously monitor them. I only include resources I believe to be reliable, but given the nature of the internet, these links or their information may be changed without my knowledge. …so, always read critically, consult with your healthcare provider before making changes to your healthcare plan…and, if you are in crisis, you probably already know to look for help (911, hospital emergency, crisis line 1-800-784-2433) and reach out to someone.